Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Maya Mathur



Name: Maya Mathur

Favorite foods
: Japanese udon soup, plain yogurt, applesauce, vegetable things, certain cookies
 

Looking forward to in Championships
: For one thing, it will be my first mounted rally as a non-SM. Whoa...

 
About my horse: My horse, Zero Gravity, is a wonderful 14 y/o Hanoverian gelding and ex-show hunter. I do clicker training with him; he now plays "fetch" better than my dog. When he's not doing dressage, he enjoys herding cows on the trail, being ridden without a bridle, and using his hooves to splash in/break water troughs.
 
Hobbies: Making Halloween props and costumes, hiking around, jumping over things on foot, attempting to bake
 
Pets: Yep -- two African Grey parrots, two dogs, a snake, and three chickens.

Funny story: Once, at the beginning of an airplane flight, an attendant offered me water, holding up a large plastic jug to demonstrate. Instead of being normal and waiting for him to pour some into a cup, I for some reason accepted the jug. After some reflection on the incident, I of course realized my antisocial behavior. Unable to bury the enormous bottle of water in the seat back pocket, I then spent the rest of the flight with all the nearby people trying not to stare at the monstrosity rolling around on the floor in front of my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment