Thursday, July 29, 2010

Ashley Alexander



My name is Ashley Alexander.

My favorite food is BBQ ribs.

I like the fact that Pony Club teaches you more than just how to ride a horse, but also how to properly care for them, learn good sportsmanship, and strong character.

I am definitely looking forward to the whole experience of championships, but mostly having a successful first “major” competition.

My horse is a 14h pony. She is making big steps in her dressage, but she also enjoys doing 3ft stadium courses with the big guys.

When I’m not riding (and unusual occurrence) I enjoy playing the piano, hanging out with friends and family, and keeping up with my busy schedule.

I do have other pets besides my horses. I have two dogs, one is a black lab and the other is a little mixture of everything. We also have a lizard which belongs to my brother.

A funny story of me....hmmm…..One day we were warming up for a jumping round over a cross rail. As my little mare came cantering around the corner she spooked a little and scooted forward. I was riding in a saddle with no knee rolls that day and my quarter pony has a pretty low neck. I felt myself slowly slide forward as we continued to ride towards the fence. By the time we got there I was sitting just in front of my poor pony’s withers. Unfazed but slightly confused she did take the little fence with my heels wrapped tightly around her neck. My friends and I could not stop laughing for a long time; I looked so funny jumping on the neck of my horse.

1 comment: