Thursday, July 29, 2010

Emily Ose



 Name: Emily Ose
 Favorite foods: I love Chinese food and also enchiladas.
Like/not like about Pony Club: I love the sportsmanship and horse management parts of pc, but I don't like how rating obsessed people are. Some C1's can ride as well as a C3, they just don't have the horse, and I think that position should be respected.
 Looking forward to in the Championships: I look forward to competing against the entire western region. When I played soccer we had this cheer, "Don't mess, don't mess, don't mess with the best cause the best don't mess, don't fool, don't fool, don't fool with the cool because the cool don't fool, from the east to the west, red rockets are the best." I feel that motto applies in this situation (okay, maybe not the red rockets part, try Sierra Pacific Region in there.) I think the competition is an important factor in the motivation of many riders and pony club allows that competitive streak without losing focus of the goals of pony club as it relates to horse management.
 About your horse: He is actually my mom's horse. She bought him at four years old, helping a friend look for a horse. We did all the work ourselves, he has had about three months of professional training in the 7 years we have had him.
 Hobbies outside of horses: Ponies :D Between riding my four horses and working at a welsh pony breeders' in Galt, I don't get to have hobbies.
 Pets: Yes, we have two cats and two dogs.
 Funny story: Hm...a funny story. Each month since I was four years old, we have taken the horses out for a few days and go camping. Each time it varies where we go, places to include Napa (Skyline Park), Stone Cellar, and Jackson Meadows. When I was four years old, I rode a paint named Apache that belonged to my aunt, Sue. I was riding along the trail, turned around on Apache, when we passed a large rock along the trail. Apache didn't like the rock and decided to cut across under a low tree. He bushed me. I had no idea it was going to happen either, because I was too busy talking to my aunt who was riding behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment