Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Emi Hansen

Emi Hansen is a third level dressage competitor from the Sierra Pacific Region.
Here is what she says about herself

First of all, this is my third (and probably last) championships.  I competed in Quiz back in 2003 and Dressage in 2006, and back again for Dressage in 2010!  This is my horse's 2nd championship...at age 19 not too bad!
Name: Emi Hansen

Favorite Food: Sushi! And just about anything good :)

What I like about Pony Club: It teaches you how to care for your horse and take care of your equipment.  I've also learned VERY valuable trailering techniques through Pony Club!
Not Like: I believe that people take Pony Club in very different ways. 

What I don't like is when you want to have fun and someone who is WAY into it gets mad at every little detail.  But what I've always learned is that there's the right way, the wrong way, and the pony club way :)

What I am looking forward to about champs: I'm excited to be competing at third level in dressage! I never expected my horse to get to this level (and neither did my trainer!).  And because my horse has a hard time being an actual rated dressage horse, I'm glad I can compete at pony club and show off my horse in that respect.  Also, this is probably going to be my last champs (since I am 21...yikes I'm old!!) and so I'm just glad that I was fortunate to go to three champs, 2 as a Midcal rider and one as a Sierra Pacific rider!!

About Misty Morning: Misty Morning aka Misty or Moo as I call her is a funny little mare.  She hates anything that rattles (I've been taken off with when it comes to paper or a reflector vest).  Thing about her is that she's an amazing little girl.  I've had her 7 years and I've done just about everything with her including, games, polocrosse, western gymkhana, training level eventing, jumpers and now third level dressage.  She's a total trooper and totally takes care of me to the point that I wouldn't be the rider today without her.  She hangs out with me in college because she doesn't mind when I can't ride her everyday because of school.  She loves bananas (her favorite, me and her share one before every ride at a show), sour punch straws, oreos, you name it!  But she hates peppermint, strawberries and sugar cubes.
Oh and did I mention she's the horse in the "realizing the vision" picture on the Horsepark at Woodside's website? 


Hobbies: Outside of horseback riding I'm a full time student at CSU Chico.  Basically my life is horses or engineering, but when I get free time I love to go to Bidwell and hang out at Bear hole or hike :).

Pets: Other than my horse Misty I have two guinea pigs, Gucci and Delilah and a dog, Beau :).

Funny story: Well, that's hard to think of off the top of my head but I have had some funny moments.  I've literally done the thing where you get on one side of your horse and fall off the other while bareback (it takes skill yes!).  For a costume meeting for Bay Hills Pony Club one year I wanted make Misty a carousel horse and me a little kid so I used a pool noodle to create a pole.  Well to get her used to it I would ride around at the barn at home, sitting on the noodle.  I definitely got some funny looks....
                        

No comments:

Post a Comment